Jump to: Hide
Mechanical Design Engineer
We lead the world with the most advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
We don’t just create products – we are revolutionising the underwater world!
So come and be part of an innovative and agile team that is dedicated to smart and inspired technology that is rapidly changing the future of underwater robotics.
To create mechanical design solutions in line with the company’s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Design and development of new mechanical components and product upgrades for ROV vehicles and systems, ensuring they are on time and to budget.
- Contribute to design review and the release of new products, and product upgrades.
- Ensure all engineering activities and projects are documented and compliant with the company quality, HSE and Environmental policy and that designs comply with internationally recognised standards.
- Liaise with customers to provide application and technical information for our products to aid the selling of equipment and assist sales as required.
- National & international travel in support of the company’s technical objectives.
- Conduct activities in a professional manner to deliver quality mechanical design solutions.
- Continually improve personal skills through training and awareness.
- To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence, as required by their Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.