Associate Mechanical Engineer
|Hiring Organization||Arup Group|
|Post Name||Associate Mechanical Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 28 To GBP 35 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England United Kingdom EC3M|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Engineering team in London. The team is a growing and thriving team within Buildings London and has developed exceptional links with key London clients and architects. Current group focus areas include media and studios, commercial and mixed-use, science and industry, repurpose and refurbishment, low- and zero-carbon buildings, and large-scale concept technical master planning. The diversity of workload and strength of client links has meant strong growth over the last year and a need for some new team members to join our creative team.
Example projects delivered by the team include the British Library extension, Ruskin Square development, Sky Campus, and the BBC Television Centre redevelopment.
Our team sits within the Building Engineering business in London, and the international Arup, featuring a strong emphasis on collaboration and a positive culture of which you would be a pivotal part.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Associate with excellent design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will be able to demonstrate solid experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering Systems for building services, and a track record of multi-disciplinary design to successfully bring cross-disciplinary design together.
Leading the mechanical team – supporting the development of Engineers, maintaining an overview of mechanical engineering design quality, planning and managing programs, resourcing, and fees. Working closely with key stakeholders to develop and deliver innovative engineering solutions from concept through to the completion stage
- Supervising and managing the detailed project design and drawing production.
- Being a dynamic member of the group work-winning team, as well as nurturing and developing client and collaborator relationships.
- Project directing on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Supporting senior management in business and technical development.
- Become an integral part of the wider management team for your Building London Group; contributing to strategic decision-making and representing the interests of both the Group and Arup more widely.
Experience in the successful design and delivery of the main Building Services Mechanical systems such as HVAC, life safety systems, sustainable design, and be conversant with public health systems and electrical infrastructure.
- Degree-qualified and have achieved professional qualification with an accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards, planning policy, and regulations.
- A good understanding of and ability to apply Building Physics to the environmental design of projects.
- Track record of combining specialist input and successful delivery of large projects, with particular emphasis on sustainable design.
- Experience in management of budgets, resourcing, legal, and financials
- A desire and record of contributing to team and group culture, setting the right environment for people to thrive.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include coverage under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long-term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental well-being. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people share different values
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world.
At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks – BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+, and Women – provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference – discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different, and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our well-being. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.arup.com.