Clinic Tester (Audio, Vision, and Pulmonary)
Full Job Description
Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients’ overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 70 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary healthcare disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on-site and by video consult for individuals, families, and organizations. Our team of 550+ staff sees clients virtually and physically from our downtown Toronto and Oakville clinics.
Medcan is recruiting for a Casual Clinic Tester to join our growing high-performance clinical team. We are seeking an experienced and client-focused professional with a great attitude. The role is accountable for the effective delivery of Medical Testing, Audiometry, Vision, and Pulmonary (AVP) for our clients during their Annual Health Assessment at Medcan.
- Conduct audiometry, visual and pulmonary testing
- Testing will be provided by trained and qualified personnel who have a medical education background including working knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
- The medical tester shall prepare the AVP tracking documents for each client prior to pick up in the client lounge – appropriate patient identification is recorded on the tracking sheet, including name and DOB.
- Medical testers shall explain all aspects of testing to clients and perform all testing in accordance with specific policies and protocols (refer to specific policies for audiometry, vision, and pulmonary testing,).
- Obtain and record specific patient data
- This role will also assist with facilitating the flow of patients through the clinic and coordinate with other staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service.
- An Ontario Secondary School Graduation diploma.
- Should possess sound organizational and time management skills
- Performs requested tests according to established protocols.
- Identifies problems and reports to clinic manager
- Performs daily maintenance
- Troubleshoots instrumentation
- Adheres to Medcan policies / standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Superior patient care and customer service skills
This is an entry level position that is scheduled on an as-needed basis during business hours between Monday-Saturday. The role reports to the Clinic Manager and is located at 150 York St in downtown Toronto.
*This is not a remote position*
*Training will be provided!*
*$18.00/hr working 1-4 shifts per month (average)*
- Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients but also to our valued staff members.
- We provide paid Wellness Days along with a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being.
- We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
- We also have employee perks to continue to help our staff Live Well, For Life.
- This includes complimentary group fitness sessions as well as an on-site healthy lunch program provided by our own food and catering brand, Nourish.
- We also provide interactive webinars hosted by our in-house experts focused on Eat, Move, and Think.
- Our enhanced benefits package is just one of the reasons why we continue to be one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls and no agencies, please.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility:
Medcan is an equal-opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity, diversity, and inclusion. We continuously work to provide a fair opportunity for all staff to participate and succeed at work, creating a sense of belonging, and respect and a place that values the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each member of our team. We recognize the value of diversity in attributes such as age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation and attractional, ethnicity, race, color, nationality, family and marital status, ability, religion and belief, freedom of thought, and any other characteristic that makes you unique. If these principles resonate with you, we encourage you to apply!
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Management Specialist if you require accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.