Medecins Du Monde
edecins Du Monde –
For more than 30 years, Medecins Du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Du Monde – For more than 30 years, Medecins Du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Supervisor, the Data Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
Data Management on the Corresponding Forms and Tools:
- Receiving the data from the project team or if not, collecting it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
- Update and maintenance of database (data, formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert the line manager of any problem arising with the data provided or the database.
Data Report Design:
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed in Excel
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Finalizing development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
- Contributing to the design of various studies (surveys, new forms…)
Field Monitoring Supervision:
- Supportive supervision of the mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Conduct regular field visits to verify data collected on different activities
- Conduct regular field visits to conduct on-the-job training on data collection
- Assist the M&E Supervisor on M&E activities in Maiduguri
- Direct supervision of registrars in all mobile clinics to ensure data quality
- Instruct colleagues on various tools to be used
- Train mobile clinics team on the proper use of data collection tools
- On request, will have to read documents, reports, etc, to look for data.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties at the request of the Medical Supervisor/Health Program Coordinator.
- BA/BS or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Social Sciences, International Development or another relevant field.
Professional experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the non-profit sector in Information and Data Management or Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Excellent Information Technology skills
- Ability to think independently and identify data discrepancies
- Experience designing and implementing electronic data collection methods
- Understanding confidentiality requirements for medical data is a plus
- Knowledge of the use of GIS applications is a plus
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Ability to work under less supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing, and editing.
- Excellent skills in Excel and data analysis are required for this position and will be tested at the interview
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in English and Hausa required
- Organization skills
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
To apply for this job please visit www.myjobmag.com.