|Hiring Organization||Shared Health|
|Post Name||Medical Transcriptionist|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 18 Per Hour|
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Working as a member of the Regional Medical Transcription team under the leadership of the Manager or designate of the Regional Transcription Services, the incumbent is responsible for creating accurate and timely patient care reports by transcribing medical dictation from clinical providers.
- The following experience is required:
- Transcribing medical dictation in a production environment without reference to hard copy source documents (i.e. health records).
- Aptitude for understanding dictation by individuals for whom English is a second. language; e.g. dictation with strong accents, rapid speech, and unusual phraseology.
- Working with confidential personal health information and the ability to understand and apply key principles of privacy legislation as stated in regional policies.
- Working knowledge of dictation/transcription systems, printers, and fax technology.
- Working in an automated transcription environment with a pool of transcription staff.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Patient Records.
- Working with voice recognition software.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards required.
- Successful completion of a recognized medical transcriptionist training program is required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- The following special training is required and competency levels will be demonstrated through skill tests:
- Typing/keyboarding skills of 70-80 words per minute.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology including anatomy, physiology, disease processes, pharmacology, laboratory values, signs, and symptoms.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written) including superior spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Proficiency with e-mail systems for departmental communications.
- Proficiency in working in an electronic environment which may include shared folders, remote servers, multiple systems open one time as well as multiple screens.
- The following is required:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or who have knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and values.
- Periods of prolonged use of computer monitor, keyboard, and earphones.
- Long periods of sitting.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wrha.mb.ca.