Mental Health Jobs Auckland
|Hiring Organization||Goodwood Park Healthcare Group|
|Post Name||Mental Health Support Worker/Rehab Coach|
|Qualification||A level 4 qualification in Mental Health or equivalent – preferred but not essential as the organization is willing to support the right people in gaining qualifications|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 21 To NZD 23 Per Hour|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand 0892|
We are The Goodwood Park Healthcare Group. A well-established, innovative, and leading provider of community and residential social services for people who have a Mental Health Illness or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). We constantly strive to ensure our clients are receiving services that are of the highest quality, and promote better health and wellbeing.
We are currently recruiting Mental Health Support Workers and Rehabilitation Coaches to work with our Mental Health and TBI clients at various sites across Auckland, particularly West Auckland, and Ramarama/South Auckland.
We have full-time, part-time, and casual work available across all seven days of the week. There are a variety of different shifts available both day and night, so there is quite a lot of flexibility in work hours if you desire.
About the role
As a Mental Health Support Worker or Rehabilitation Coach, you will work with our clients to provide support and encouragement as they go about their daily tasks. You will be responsible for maintaining their safety and providing guidance whilst joining them on various outings and participating in daily activities.
You will help to foster hope, identify strengths and develop resilience, recognizing that these are key components of the approach to leading a more positive and independent life. The overall purpose of this role is to achieve a maximized level of independence for our clients, whilst providing a positive and safe living environment.
What you will need
- A level 4 qualification in Mental Health or equivalent – preferred but not essential as the organization is willing to support the right people in gaining qualifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to recovery models
- Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A full NZ Drivers Licence
- High attention to detail as documentation is an important part of this role
- An empathetic and kind nature
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive pay rate.
- Learn as you earn – you don’t need a qualification, just the drive to complete a Certificate in Health & Wellbeing during your time with us, but even better if you already have this qualification!
- Lots of training on offer.
You will be well rewarded in exchange for your hard work! Our organization provides support and coaching for new learning opportunities and we take pride in developing our staff whilst also growing our services.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to take apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The Goodwood Park Healthcare Group is a well-established, innovative, and leading provider of community and residential social services for people who have Mental Illness or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). We consistently strive to ensure our clients are receiving services that promote better health and well-being with an emphasis on living the best life possible.
Our organization runs a variety of residential and community services. Currently, we are looking for an Occupational therapist to provide clinical services to our clients at a number of our residential and community services, primarily in West Auckland.
The core tasks of this role include
- Conducting clinical assessments to evidence outcome measures
- Developing and implementing high-quality client rehabilitation plans in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, including discharge planning
- Establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients and acting as their keyworker
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Participation in multi-disciplinary meetings within the organization and case reviews with funders or stakeholders
- Coaching and supporting Support workers with goal planning and interventions
- Engaging and supporting the introduction of intentional peer support
Our ideal health professional for this role will possess the following skills and attributes
- The ability to work alongside and model positive outcomes with clients and their family/ whānau, through enthusiasm, innovation, and a willingness to learn new approaches and techniques
- Able to produce reports and work to deadlines, demonstrate resilience and maintain a positive attitude
- An Annual Practising Certificate or Membership of a Professional Body
- Team-oriented and a great communicator
- A full NZ driver’s license
- Proficient computer literacy – Microsoft suite
- NZ residency/valid NZ working visa
We are an organization that values high performance and can offer
- Competitive remuneration and flexible work options
- Unique learning opportunities with a strong emphasis on growing the skill and knowledge base of staff
- Clinical/Educational leadership
- Maintenance of your registration
- Access to professional supervision and peer support