As a trusted partner, our Public Health mission is to make food systems safer, healthier, and more sustainable. Throughout our global network in 27 countries, we offer to our customers a wide range of testing and innovative solutions dedicated to preventing health risks related to food, the environment, and consumer goods. External growth has been a key pillar of our history with more than 40 acquisitions completed in the last 10 years.
If you want to contribute to an inspiring long-term purpose, be part of a fast-growing company in a high-value market with significant build-up opportunities, and grow in an entrepreneurial and warm environment, join us!
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant at 8020 West Doe Ave, Visalia, CA 93291 USA.
Your mission will be to:
- Maintain clean laboratory by discarding waste and cleaning and sanitizing countertops, walls, floors, shelves, equipment, sinks, water baths etc using cleaning solvents.
- Maintain clean laboratory by properly storing chemicals, reagents, and supplies. Maintain adequate stock of these materials.
- Clean and decontaminate equipment, glassware, metal instruments, sinks, water baths, tables, and test panels, using solvents, water, acetone bath, and a cloth or hot-air drier, brushes, rags, etc.
- Prepare and use cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Perform quality control checks such as temperature checks, balance verification or detergent residue testing as required by department leadership.
- Assist other laboratory personnel in performing testing procedures as instructed by department leadership.
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and instrumentation in working order to perform necessary preventative maintenance for operating departments.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Ensure a safe working environment for the laboratory.
- Participate in audits.
- Maintain inventory, rotate supply, discard expired dry, refrigerated, and frozen materials and retain as directed by department leadership.
- Completes assigned tasks under the supervision of department leadership, while working with the team to accomplish department goals
- Perform opening and closing duties as assigned department leadership.
- Clean glassware and other containers and return them to the laboratory for use.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
– No previous laboratory experience is required – we will provide full training
- Temperature-controlled work environment
- Previous experience in manufacturing, production, warehouse, food industry, food service, or retail.
Highschool diploma or GED. Entry-level position. This position requires the ability to follow specific instructions. A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to enter client data. The incumbent may be required to operate a company vehicle that would require the skill to operate a motor vehicle and exhibit safe driving skills.
Required skills: Analytical skills are essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the microorganism. A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to process client data. Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples. Basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and practices is required to ensure a safe working environment. Interpersonal skills are required to effectively work within teams.
WHY JOIN US?
- Because you would contribute to an inspiring Public Health purpose, supported by long-term and visionary shareholders.
- Because you would have an impact on our strategic pillars that build on 50 years of experience and expertise.
- Because you would be part of a community of an enthusiastic and skilled group of people who love co-building together and serving a purpose bigger than themselves.
- Because you would be welcome as you are, in a diverse and open-minded environment that is rich in our singularities and differences.
- Because you would grow in an international group of more than 8200 fantastic team members, with plenty of opportunities to learn and share.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.