Metroland Parcel Services
Warehouse – Parcel Sorters
Metroland Parcel Services is an Ontario based Final Mile Parcel Delivery company that is helping businesses meet their rapidly growing ecommerce delivery needs . Working at MPS combines the benefits of a long established company with deep client relationships and a reputation for delivery excellence with the excitement of a start-up in an opportunity rich sector. To connect with us, visit www.metrolandparcelservices.ca
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.
- The schedule will be 12 noon until sort completion (8:00pm-10:00pm). The hours may change to accommodate business needs. Evening or overnight shift could be needed in the future to support growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to sort packages into appropriate bins by reading the label on the parcels
- Communicate any difficulties with Parcel Supervisor/Parcel Lead Hands as required
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Minimum of High School diploma an asset
- On the job training provided
- Hours are subject to change based on operational needs
- Detail oriented in a fast-paced team environment; with opportunities to build positive team relationships
- Ability to lift between 5 lbs. to 35 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Frequently lifting, pushing, pulling, walking and able to stand for an extended period with ease
- Takes initiative, can work with minimal supervisions and strong attention to detail
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills in a team environment
- Attractive Health Benefits Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Reimbursement of Safety Shoes
- $15.50 per hour
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.