Michael Garron Hospital
Food Service Worker
Full Job Description
The Food Service Worker provides patient-focused care in the assembly and delivery of patient trays, nourishments, and menus. Ensures Infection Control and Public Health Standards are met when preparing and portioning food items; ware washing dishes, pots, cooking & kitchen equipment for patients.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must have a Toronto Public Health Department Food Handler Certification or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience in a health care environment an asset.
- Ability to consistently serve patients and hospital staff in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated basic computer literacy and reading comprehension.
- A service oriented focus with good communication and human relations skills with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow duty outlines and work efficiently meeting timeline requirements.
- Ability to multitask; exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculation to complete nourishment room inventory & portioning tallied food items.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
- Physical demands:
- Pushing and pulling of heavy carts
- Repetitive forward reaching and turning, waist to shoulder level
- Repetitive light lifting (15 lbs.)
- Walking throughout the shift (½ to all of the time)
- Standing throughout the shift (½ to all of the time)
To apply for this job please visit tehn.njoyn.com.