Microbiologist | Farm Fresh
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
- Conduct Microbiological analysis of food items including Raw Material, Finished Products and provide accurate results.
- Prepare SOP and manuals for the Laboratory including sampling schedule.
- Conduct Hygiene swab analysis of employees ,equipment’s and other Food contact surfaces
- Validate the testing methods and results with external lab analysis
- Chemical analysis and organoleptic analysis of Products
- Lead and Train the crew of Lab Technician and Lab Assistants
- Initiate positive release of Products .Inform Asst QA Manager on any microbiological deviation and initiate corrective actions
- Assist QA Manager in Laboratory construction and ordering of new equipment’s for the Lab.
- Calibration of Laboratory equipment’s.
- Maintain inventory of Laboratory Medias.
- Maintain the test reports and trend analysis of swabs as per BRC Standards.
- Assist QA Manager and R&D Specialist on product developments including cooking, tasting and shelf life analysis
- Ensure a compliance on updated microbiological standards, new food borne pathogens etc. with DM, ESMA and other International regulatory Organisations.
- Support the development of food safety in production process.
About the requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, required
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in Laboratory, minimum 2 Years as QA /Microbiologist Food Industry preferably in Meat and Poultry.
- Software expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Communication skills in English (written and oral).
- Thorough knowledge in Microbiological Analysis/Chemical analysis /Rapid Test methods
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.