Ministry of the Solicitor General
Internal Communications Specialist
Full Job Description
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Develop and implement internal communications plans and projects
- Provide internal communication expertise and advice to communications colleagues, manager and program areas
- Research, write and edit interviews, articles and other communication products
- Collaborate with communications colleagues to develop multi-media communications products and support the ministry’s internal communication channels (e.g. intranet, email, newsletters, video, print products, digital displays)
- Prepare and present briefing notes, letters, memos, speeches and presentations for senior management
How do I qualify?
- You are able to write for a variety of audiences
- You have experience identifying, developing and telling engaging stories
- You can present recommendations to program areas and decision makers
Analytical and Research:
- You demonstrate judgement and political acuity
- You can assess contentious/sensitive issues and address them using tact and diplomacy
- You have business relationship and interpersonal skills
- You have the demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
Project Management and Leadership:
- You have project planning and leadership skills
- You can lead multiple concurrent communications initiatives from concept to implementation
- You have knowledge of communications principles, tools and best practice
- You have knowledge of employee engagement and change communications best practice
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.