Night Security Manager
Full Job Description
- An exciting opportunity working on an established and prestigious Transport for London account that is based across London. The London Underground contract is a 24/7, 365-day operation that will require the Night Manager to lead, motivate and develop the night security team to provide a best-in-class service to the client’s premises and its occupiers. To play an essential and central role in the development and agreement of the contract strategy, ensuring agreed strategy is met and exceeded. The night manager will provide effective site compliance through effective management of the operational team to ensure they are effective in all aspects of physical security, incident management, and health and safety. The night manager will be the primary point of contact for the LU central operation team, Mitie management team and Emergency services and is required to have a comprehensive understanding of all contractual business areas. The role will be on a 4 on 4 off basis, 45 hours/week and depending on experience will attract a salary of up to £44,000.
- To have responsibility and ownership for the management of the LU site security night team including site Security Officers, Mobile Supervisors (MS) and The Fleet Security Control Centre (FSCC)
- To have a significant role in the security process with the ability to proactively identify areas that require improvement and innovation and implement such improvements
- To work with the Governance and Compliance lead to ensure that the security operation complies with all relevant statutory requirements
- Ensure directives and objectives set by the Operations management team are implemented, followed and any non-compliance identified assessed for corrective actions
- To be the point of contact for officer welfare and manage and take forward disciplinaries, appeals and grievances
- To ensure training and progression of the MS and FSCC team to add value and improve delivery of contractual requirements and ensure KPI’s are met
- Work closely with the Scheduler and Operations manager to ensure effective manning levels are met
- Review sickness and investigate where triggers are hit
- In conjunction with the compliance officer, have responsibility for Health and Safety of Mitie employees on site and the delivery of safe working practice at all levels
- Always display high levels of competence and must be prepared to exercise a high degree of flexibility and personal initiative.
- Monitor operational performance through site audits of administration and office knowledge
- Ensure personnel records of individuals are maintained
- To ensure all Mitie and client policies and procedures are adhered to
- To lead and motivate the security team ensuring the ethos and core values of the client and Mitie are reflected in their roles and responsibilities
- Ensure correct emergency response by security staff in compliance with established procedures
- To support the MS and FSCCC team for last minute site attendance issues
- Pass to the Operations Director up to date and correct HR report, Training Matrix, and any other matters of interest
- Complete a detailed handover at the end of each shift
- Review Merlin Data for site compliance and investigate any non-compliance of Patrol Data
- Carry out required staff appraisals. Ensure that all staff standards are met.
- Check and update written procedures for the sites you manage including, Assignment Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments
- Following serious incidents or emergencies, ensure a full investigation and report outlining what happened, why, lessons learnt, recommendations (or both)
- All admin for any HR case is checked, correct, and passed to relevant parties in good time
- Recruitment – interviewing night staff for open positions
What we are looking for
A focussed and self motivated individual who has the ability to inspire and motivate a team of security professionals and can:
- Be forward thinking and be a part of idea generation and innovations for the client. (Strategy)
- Devise and implement new security procedures where appropriate, ensuring correct approval protocols are applied.
- Develop the team and ensure training requirements are identified and training programmes implemented.
- Develop the security knowledge and ethos of the client within your team and establish auditable security excellence.
- A full driving License with minimum 12 months driving experience
- 5 years’ experience within the security industry including evidence of staff management
- SIA license
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to learn various systems and implement that knowledge and training
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol medical
- Ability to maintain a friendly approach to staff but maintain a managerial outlook
- Competency to pass required certification that allows track access
- Have or ability to pass an IOSH certification
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.