Data Governance & Privacy Specialist
- Review, enhance and maintain data governance and management framework and governing processes in-line with local and international regulations applicable to DP World (e.g., DAMA DMBOK, Abu Dhabi Data Management Standards, NDMO, UAE Personal Data Protection Law, GDPR, etc.) and best practices.
- Track, manage & support Data Governance (DG) program monitoring & periodic activities across the Group. Support the rollout of the DG program to all business units of DP World.
- Collaborate with IT & business stakeholders to define data quality rules, assess data quality issues and work with data owners to remediate them.
- Define and maintain data catalogue, lineage and metadata management to ensure proper identification, classification and management of data assets.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and business glossaries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement data-related processes and controls.
- Assist BUs in implementing required tools and technology to automate data governance wherever possible. Support the Data Protection Officer with technical controls related to data privacy.
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Data Transfer Impact Assessments (DTIA) for Head Office & business units.
- Create a register for information and information processing activities covering data in all critical business applications and group functions, mapping data with processing activities, storage arrangements and security controls.
- Conduct data management/ governance, privacy awareness sessions, data classification workshops, coordinate with data champions from each department and DPW business units to facilitate data owners in implementing controls such as data quality, data classification, data access, data cataloguing, etc. their information in-line with defined policies.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in new projects, products and initiatives to address data privacy and governance issues to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and best practices.
- Perform periodic spot-checks to assess compliance with defined policies and procedures on data governance & privacy across Head Office and regional Business Units.
- Develop and implement periodic reporting mechanisms for data governance, data privacy and security practices for management to track implementation progress and current compliance/completion status for the initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Should have 8-10 years of experience in IT governance with at least 5 years of experience in Data Governance & Data Privacy domains.
- Experience in establishing data privacy and governance framework, implementing data governance and data classification processes.
- Experience in organizing table-top exercises on data privacy and governance.
- Strong knowledge of data governance frameworks and methodologies such as DAMA-DMBOK, NDMO, Abu Dhabi Data Management, DGI, etc.
- Working knowledge of GDPR, DIFC Data Protection Law, UAE Protection of Personal Data Protection Law, COBIT-2019 framework, ISO 27001, etc.
- Industry-recognized data governance, data privacy & security-related certifications are preferred, including: CIPP/CIPM/CIPT, CDPSE, CDMP, PECB Certified Data Protection Officer, and/or ISO 27001.
- Good understanding of E-commerce, logistics, supply chain & port operations applications will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with Multinational Companies (MNC) is preferable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Program and Project management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Team player and conflict management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a complex environment, loves challenges, with the will and drive to learn new things on his/her own.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Cultural awareness.
- Hand-on experience in leading data governance solutions e.g. Azure Purview, Informatica, Talend, or other similar solutions.
- Technical knowledge of Data protection solutions like DLP, data classification tools, data privacy tools, etc.
- In-depth understanding of local and international data protection regulations and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of developing policies, and procedures related to Data Privacy & Governance processes.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.