Cloud Computing Specialist (WFH)
Full Job Description
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business – for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
Our team is charged with managing the on-prem cloud solution, interfacing with the engineering team and app developers. We are responsible for delivering on-prem solutions that help drive users to the cloud. In our team you will work with command line, RESTful services, front- end interfaces, application-tier logic, and database code. The product is the face of Enterprise Computing to the customer hence affords opportunities to work with business users. Our development team is part of the Cloud Fleet but is part of Enterprise Compute and is well aligned with back-end infrastructure and IaaS systems, interacting with a variety of engineers and developers.
- Be the sole owner responsible for developing and reviewing code and contributing ideas to a team of talented technologists
- Facilitate technical discussions and the development of web applications, web services, and public APIs that support hundreds of users
- Participate in the design of the web application
- Understand software requirements
- Implement various parts of the application using Python
- Formulate and implement recommendations/solutions
- Due to the global nature of the team and function, you will be required from time to time to work and collaborate with colleagues located in US, Europe, and Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge in Linux/Shell
- TDD, CI, Agile and iterative software development
- Designing and building RESTful service applications and clients
- The ability to effectively communicate with a global team and customers
- A solid understanding of change management processes
- Able to write and present comprehensive technical content / documentation
- Thorough knowledge of web database applications
- Knowledge of OpenShift
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
- General understanding of Apache
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and an eye for solving performance issues
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec. We offer a hybrid work environment, combining remote work and attendance in the office.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.