Full Job Description
Movement Strategy is proactively seeking a Copywriter to lead ideation and copywriting across clients in one of our offices with a specific focus on editorial social content. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and Business Strategy team to pitch concepts that drive content production and write social copy including organic posts and reactive content. Elements of community management will also be a major part of this role.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for the digital and social media space—and redefining the model for editorialized social content created by brands. We are looking for someone with experience helping to bring a brand voice and tone to life through two-way social dialogue, and someone who has been a content creator in the entertainment space.
Movement Strategy is an independent social media agency. Now at its 13-year, with 130+ employees across offices, we produce groundbreaking content for partners including Netflix, Klarna, Amazon Prime Video, WarnerMedia, and Under Armour.
We are proactively recruiting for this position. Please apply if you’re open to Full-time, temp-to-perm, or Freelance.
As a copywriter in one of our offices, you’ll work closely with our Creative Director to conceptualize, write and shepherd through content. Your day-to-day tasks will including:
- Watching films and series and pitching digital editorial content
- Monitoring daily social trends for reactive content opportunities
- Responding to and cultivating conversations on content to grow an engaged community
- Writing captions for social channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube
- Conceptualizing on larger, campaign-level ideas and content
- 3–5 Years of relevant experience
- Minimum one-year agency experience preferred
- Strong conceptual writing as well as screenwriting skills
- Strong comedic writing experience; you can find the humor in anything
- Thorough understanding of social platforms and their strengths
- You’re proactive and naturally curious about the digital space, constantly looking for opportunities
- You are passionate about the work you do and treat your client’s business as if it were your own
- You make others’ jobs easier (no matter who they are or what they do)
- You create a positive and open environment when around others
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
- You’re the hardest worker in town
- You know how to hustle
- You have a diverse and inclusive perspective
- 100% employer contribution for health, vision and dental
- 401k plus discretionary match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Work from Home (Post COVID)
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- FSA – Flexible Spending Account
- Support for continued education
- Health and Wellness program
- Commuter benefits (NYC)
- Movement Journey – Stipend for continued education or personal growth
- Amazing colleagues!
Movement Strategy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Movement, we believe that what we put out into the world matters. And since we were founded on the principles of paving our own path, we take bold steps towards what we believe is the right direction. This means addressing the big stuff: the systems of inequality that impact some of us far more than others. As culture creators, we firmly believe we have a responsibility to our colleagues, clients, communities, and the industry to live up to the Movement name. We confront inequities head-on as they come, knowing that this work is never done and that we must keep the momentum.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.