Full Job Description
From our location in Haarlem, we distribute 2,500 different packagings of medicines and vaccines to more than 140 countries. Haarlem is therefore known as the flexible packaging location in Europe. The site consists of various business units, also called Integrated Process Teams (IPTs), and Centers of Excellence (CoEs). For our business units Vaccines, Blister and Specialties we are looking for a:
We have three production departments in Haarlem and for each Vaccines, Blister and Specialties department, there are packaging lines that are very diverse in terms of operation and technology. With this, all components and medicines are packaged and provided with information leaflets to the end product that everyone knows from the pharmacy. Together with your fellow managers you are responsible for 10 to 12 packaging lines with a total of approximately 35 Operators.
As Manager Operations you work at the heart of our production. You focus on the daily objectives with regard to safety, quality, people management and optimal planning. At the same time, you contribute to innovative developments in technology and automation in order to continue to meet future demand. The Operations Manager reports to the Operations Director.
Production takes place in shifts and as Manager Operations you work, from Monday to Friday, in two or three shifts. Hereby:
- Provide coaching leadership to approximately 12 Operators at MBO level and make an active contribution to their further personal development.
- Initiate and manage your improvement projects in the field of technology, quality and safety using Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- You ensure that quality procedures and guidelines according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) are followed and that your team members always work safely.
- You work together with specialists in the field of improvement, engineering, quality and EHS.
- You are responsible for achieving production and cost targets without compromising on product safety and quality.
- A completed Bachelor (BSc) or Master (MSc) education in a technical, business administration, life sciences or related field, or
- An MBO + education with extensive experience in pharma or food at HBO level and the willingness to do a (post) HBO education.
- Several years of work experience as a people manager and able to coach a team towards increasing independence.
- Discussion partner on all levels, where you can set priorities well and make the right decisions under time pressure.
- Demonstrable technical affinity and good project management skills.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Do you want to develop a team and yourself in a dynamic, international pharmaceutical production environment, where no day is the same? Then apply immediately!
All the space to develop yourself and show who you are! Working with us means working together for global health in an inspiring work environment with dedicated colleagues. You can count on excellent terms of employment, such as:
- A basic salary of € 4,200 to € 5,200 gross per month, depending on experience and education, with a shift allowance depending on the services.
- Fixed 3% year-end bonus and a bonus of 10%.
- 35.5 vacation days and 8% vacation allowance.
- An excellent pension scheme with an 80% employer contribution.
- Travel allowance.
- Free use of our own gym.
- Various training modules to further develop yourself.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Send your question including the vacancy number and the vacancy title to RecruitmentNL@MSD.com
You can do that via this link Event | MSD. Click on ‘Register Now’ and we will contact you immediately.
Who we are… In the United States and Canada we are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA, and in all other countries as MSD. For more than a century, we have been serving life, producing medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to lead the way in research to provide innovative healthcare solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that endanger humans and animals worldwide.
What we’re looking for… Imagine getting up every morning for a job that is just as important as saving and improving lives around the world. You get that opportunity with us. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital skills or your scientific mastermind to work. You will do this together with a group of diverse colleagues who share the common goal of bringing hope to countless people battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you’re one of the brightest minds, join us and start making an impact today.
We pride ourselves on being a company that brings together and embraces the value of diverse, talented and committed people. The fastest way to break through innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge each other’s thinking and approach problems together. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace.
To apply for this job please visit nl.indeed.com.