Newfoundland & Labrador English School District
Primary French Immersion Teacher
Full Job Description
- A.P. Low Primary · 600 Bartlett Drive · Labrador City · A2V 1G6
- Bachelor of Education – Primary/Elementary
Full time term position for Primary French Immersion Teacher. Duties incumbent returns.
As a French second language teacher you will have a critical role in ensuring student achievement as specified in the curriculum guides of French programs. You are committed to furthering the District goals for student success in an inclusive, safe and caring bilingual environment. You subscribe to a “students first” philosophy in your practice and believe that collaboration is key for your growth as an educator.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and understanding of the outcomes and specific content expertise and second language teaching methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment to ensure culturally relevant instruction and assessment for all students.
- The ability to balance language instruction with content delivery. (French Immersion positions only)
- Demonstrated ability of an accurate and fluent linguistic model to ensure a language rich learning environment.
- Ability to ensure and facilitate authentic interactive strategies for the progressive development of French second language learning.
- Knowledge and experience in appropriate second language literacy development through a variety of differentiated strategies and resources.
- B.Ed. (Prim/Elem) with Concentration in French
- DELF B2 (70% overall average with no less than 60% minimum in all four components)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.