Main duties of the job
Undertake duty of band 2 health care assistant on the Maternity unit at Royal Free Hospital.
The post holder will be required to obtain Screening bloods from pregnant women within the Fetal Medicine Unit.
Working for our organisation
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A&E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
Royal Free World Class Values
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Education & Qualifications
- Knowledge of personal care and related procedures
- Willing to develop and work towards Diploma Level 2
- Demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or / Diploma Level 2 or equivalent (Healthcare related subject)
- Previous experience of team work
- Previous experience of customer care
- Interest or experience within a carer role/setting
Skills & Aptitudes
- Ability to provide individualised care and empathy
- Good organisational skills
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the important of confidentiality / privacy and dignity
- Ability to work well within a team
- Can explain the principles of infection control
- Willing to develop own knowledge and practice
- Good IT skills
- Ability to lead change and service improvement
- Has a caring, compassionate and professional nature
- Demonstrates self-motivation and common sense
- Diplomatic and calm
- Ability to work as a team and form professional relationships with colleagues
- Flexibility in shift and working patterns to meet the needs of the service
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.