Health Care Assistant
Full Job Description
We are looking to recruit a permanent, full-time Health Care Assistant based at University Hospital Hairmyres
As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Health Care Assistant will carry out routine personal care duties for patients, in support of and supervised by a registered nurse and will carry out assigned duties to maintain hygiene, order, and safety within the ward environment.
Duties may vary with the type of ward/department and the degree of patient dependency.
The post holder must have the ability to work flexible rotational duties
Knowledge, training and/or experience required to do the job
- SVQII in healthcare or working towards, or equivalent experience working in a caring environment/role.
- Ability to work with people and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks effectively in a busy environment
For queries regarding the application form or recruitment process only , please contact
Administator Isabella.laird @lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk stating the job title and reference number in the subject. Please note: all job related queries must be directed to the informal contact noted above.
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once sufficient applications are received. Please complete and submit your application early.
‘In NHS Lanarkshire we are committed to recruiting a workforce that fully reflects the diverse make-up of our society. A place where every individual can thrive, develop and succeed based on skill, knowledge and talent, regardless of race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, care experienced* or any other dimension that can be used to differentiate people from one another.
- Care experienced applicants are people who live/have lived with foster parents/kinship carers or who live/have lived in a residential children’s setting/secure unit.’
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.