North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Health Care Assistant – Peterborough
Full Job Description
Opportunities for rotational Healthcare Assistant for Maternity Services working in all areas of Maternity.
Our Healthcare assistants play a vital role in supporting midwives to provide care for women and their families during pregnancy labour and postnatal period.
We are looking for individuals who have the qualities to provide this support and contribute to providing excellent standards of care for women attending the maternity unit, working within all areas ( labour ward and the antenatal and postnatal ward)
If you are hardworking, reliable and committed to the service, but can be flexible and adaptable we would love to receive an application from you
These posts involves working a variety of shifts which include week days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will be key to support the transportation of women around the hospital including departments and operating theatres, collect and deliver specimens and support our midwives with preparing patients for treatments, investigations or procedures. You will need to be able to remain calm in an emergency, compassionate when dealing with distressing situations and be keen to develop your skills within the role.
This role is pivotal in supporting the midwife and caring for women the immediate postpartum period. Onsite training will be given in our supportive environment.
You will also provide personal care and ensure the areas are clean an tidy.
If you are and overseas candidate wishing to apply and would require sponsorship, you can determine the likelihood of obtaining a CoS for this post by assessing your circumstances against criteria specified on the gov.uk website
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.
Our teams work hard to be flexible and promote a health work/home life balance and so agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust. Talk to the Recruiting Manager about what this means in practice for you.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia
- Support with patients transportation
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of patients to maximise their physical comfort.
- Transport of specimens.
- Contribute to administration.
- Enable patients to maintain their personal and hygiene appearance.
- Prepare and maintain environments for clinical procedures.
- Support professionals with clinical activities, including theatre.
- Prepare and undertake clinical activities with patients.
- Assist with basic life support
- Contribute to the ongoing support of patients, relatives and carers.
- Contribute to the cleaning of surfaces.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues.
Please refer to the Job Description for full information
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.