Full Job Description
Delegated work and duties will be arranged and performed under the direct supervision of the Logistics & Waste Officer
Driving duties include the collection and delivery of post, stores supplies, stationery and equipment, Pharmacy supplies and Pathology specimens obtaining signatures as necessary, to and from the 3 hospital sites, GP surgeries and community locations.
We’re a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt ‘best practice’ so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values; kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
“We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers”.
Please be aware that all new employees starting work with us will be charged for the cost of their DBS check, if it is required for their role.
- Attention to detail is required to ensure that delivery and collections are made in a timely and accurate manner.
- Driving duties include the collection and delivery of post, stores, supplies stationary, and equipment obtaining signatures as necessary. The collection of Pathology specimens from surgeries, hospitals and clinics. Pharmacy supplies, controlled drugs, and medical records complying with all relevant guidelines and documentation.
- Collection of Clinical waste from patient’s homes and clinics
- Disposal of clinical waste as per Trust policy and guidelines
- Decontamination duties including the routine disinfection of pathology boxes
- Ensure the vehicle is safe and road worthy by Carrying out a daily vehicle inspection of the fuel, water, oil, tyres and lights.
- Responsibility for keeping vehicles clean and free from hazards. Compliance with safety procedures at all times; be able to recognize potential hazards to themselves and others, and rectify or report these in a timely manner.
- Reporting of accidents / incidents to the correct person in a prompt and accurate manner as per trust guidelines
- Perform administrative tasks by keeping accurate daily vehicle log sheets and proof of delivery forms.
- Staff must comply with health and safety regulation, Trust and departmental H&S Policies. It is the duty of the post holder to ensure that they attend mandatory training sessions
- Staff are to be familiar and adhere to Trust policies and guidelines
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.