Provides direct and indirect care for patients within the DDI framework. The staff nurse is responsible for competent, high quality, safe professional performance in collaboration and coordination within a multidisciplinary team approach. Utilizes knowledge of human development stages and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. Support the mission and vision of DDI and Contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives and initiatives.
- Abide by standards of care and practice and maintain professional code of ethics
- Reflect accountability for the patient, institution, profession, and self
- Demonstrate and perform required therapeutic skills and patient assessment techniques that are problem focused, considering age and cultural variation and ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate competency in performing skills and procedures through validation of Competency in the assigned /cross trained areas
- Assist physicians with procedures, as needed
- Analyze assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities & contribute to the plan of care and evaluate patient outcomes
- Establish a multidisciplinary approach by involving the patient /significant others, and health care providers in setting the plan of care
- Provide patient / family education and provide support to patient /family/ care givers as needed
- Document data in the medical record /KBHR according to institution/department standards
- Ensure availability and cost effective utilization of supplies and safe operation of equipment
- Apply safety , infection control measures and required Personal Protective Equipment ( and Radiation safety )as needed
- Provide Basic life support and emergency measures as needed (advanced cardiac life support in specialty areas)
- Maintains clinic inventory and replace expired medications & supplies as needed
- Participate in quality initiatives, performance improvement, and research related projects
- Assume responsibility for meeting accreditation requirements and dynamically participate in continuing education and professional development activities (fire, safety, infection control and others)
- Acts as a preceptor and cross-train in different specialties to meet institutional need and work demand
- Engage in patient/ family and community health promotion, illness prevention activities and collaborate with other disciplines
- Reflects involvement, commitment and creativity through a proactive approach and engage in other assignments when needed within the scope of practice based on institution /department demand (clinic registry, appointment lists etc.)
- Abide by and implement accreditation requirements and standards within the scope of practice
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 03 years in nursing field
- Certification/experience in Diabetes management and care is a plus
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Basic computer skills
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (optional)
- English, Arabic is a plus
- Nursing Degree from a recognized School of Nursing.
- License to practice nursing from Kuwait –Ministry of Health
To apply for this job please visit kw.indeed.com.