Registered Nurse – DOH
Job Summary :
Provides direct patient care to an adult or pediatric patient at the home setting. To carry out clinical practice ensuring that high quality, current evidence-based nursing assessment, care planning, implementation, interventions, and evaluations for patients are provided from admission through to discharge.
Job Responsibility :
- Assesses initially the patient’s condition and family to determine home care needs and identify a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es).
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Review and updates as needed the comprehensive assessment, clinical notes, Physician Summaries, Plan of Care, and communicate patient status changes and updates to the primary physician regularly.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Follows the medication rights to reduce the potential for medication errors
- Monitors the patient’s progress toward goals; collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to promote patient safety and compliance to the Plan of Care.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and clinical nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Provides skilled care and instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- DOH/HAAD License as Registered Nurse
- Familiar and experienced with DOH-HAAD policies and procedures
- Broad knowledge of evidence-based practices
- Can demonstrate the ability and fortitude to work beyond normal clinical duties
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.