NYC Health + Hospitals
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of southeastern and central Queens to maximize both patient convenience and positive clinical outcomes. Residents of Queens can count on the delivery of quality medical care right in their own borough. the hospital opened a state-of-the-art, 261-bed facility that includes the Queens Cancer Center, the first comprehensive cancer treatment center in the borough.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
- Verifies identification of patient specimens and requests for tests.
- Sorts specimens with appropriate labeling and identification for distribution to designated laboratories for testing.
- Performs pertinent data entry and retrieval functions using automated and/or manual systems.
- Centrifuges and decants specimens.
- Maintains laboratory records in accordance with established procedures and protocols including the generation, separation, sorting, and distribution of reports.
- Maintains the inventory of laboratory supplies and distributes supplies.
- Delivers laboratory results to designated areas, and files results in patients’ medical records as assigned.
- Picks up specimens and laboratory requests deliver specimens to laboratories for analysis and distributes reports.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Provides laboratory results in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- Adheres to infection control guidelines and procedures.
- Performs related work
- Prepares appropriate records.
1. Graduation from a Senior High School or High School Equivalency Diploma and one year of experience in a laboratory environment performing related work as described in position; or,
2. Satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online at employment.nychhc.org.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits for employees hired to work 20+ hrs. per week
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
- Paid Holidays and Vacation in accordance with employees’ Collectively bargained contracts
- College tuition discounts and professional development opportunities
- Multiple employee discounts programs
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.