Legal Assistant – Property
A highly regarded North Leeds firm is looking for a motivated and organized Legal Assistant to join the expanding team. The successful candidate will support the Head of the Department and a team of Solicitors and Conveyancers with administrative support to ensure the delivery of excellent client care from inception to completion of their property transactions.
The firm is looking to expand its property department and this is a fantastic opportunity for a highly driven and motivated candidate to join in expansion. This role creates an opportunity for the right person to grow and make the role their own.
The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to work with a team of specialists in their thriving residential and commercial property departments. You will be joining a firm which puts a huge emphasis on providing excellent service to its clients.
Role (not an exhaustive list)
- Preparing quotes
- Dealing with straightforward inquiries
- Diary management
- Preparing documents for each stage of the property transaction when required to do so by the file handler
- Sitting in reception, handling client ID, documents, and general walk-in queries
- Carrying out various requests from the file handlers in order to assist them with the running of the transaction, this could include, ordering documents from the Land Registry, Property Searches, AML checks, etc…
- Ensuring the log of inquiries is kept up to date and correct
- Opening and closing files for new and completed property transactions
- General admin support such as photocopying, scanning filing, post collecting, etc…
- Typing when required including copy typing
- Covering the reception area and delivering excellent customer service
- Taking calls, transferring through to the relevant file handler, or taking messages
- Previous experience working within a conveyancing department is desirable but not necessary
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to listen carefully.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- The ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in using a case management system
To apply for this job please visit www.oakwoodsolicitors.co.uk.