Job Search Montreal
|Hiring Organization||Doctors without Borders|
|Post Name||Office Administration & Human Resources Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 55264 Per Year|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1T1|
Status: Must be legally authorized to work in Canada; MSF Canada is not in the position to support a work permit process for any applicant outside of Canada
Health Spending Account, Lifestyle Spending Account, group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D), Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.), 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required), starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, flexible work hours, annual professional development budget, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), internal Psychosocial Care resources and referrals, and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity, and results.
The HR and Office Administration Coordinator plays a key role at the intersection of MSF Canada’s activities. The first point of contact for staff, visitors, and donors, the HR and Administration Coordinator has a broad knowledge of MSF’s mission and how we work.
The Coordinator takes pride in providing administrative support to our staff and the presentation and care of our facilities, encouraging a welcoming and safe space for all. They enjoy working with colleagues to answer HR and admin inquiries, support travel and event coordination, ensuring the details for each experience are in place. Humanity, integrity, and results are second nature to this key team member.
- Administering office and HR systems and services, such as reception, travel coordination, payroll, data management, reporting, and event support.
- Coordinating facilities management, including building maintenance and vendor management.
- Actively participating in the Health & Safety Committee.
- Overseeing Administration volunteers and interns and the office Volunteer Program.
Job Specific Competencies
Administration; Knowledge of administration activities; ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of local and remote teams. Proficiency Level: 2
- Orders, stocks and distributes office supplies.
- Overseeing the timely completion of staff administrative onboarding and offboarding processes.
Human Resources Operations; Knowledge of human resources (HR) policies, operational processes, and considerations; ability to implement HR-related tasks, processes, and projects to ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly. Proficiency Level: 2
- Assists training sessions related to HR processes and systems.
- Documents routine workflows, resource requirements, dependencies, and criticalities.
Facilities Management; Knowledge of the full spectrum of facilities management activities; ability to maintain, care for, and develop commercial and physical facilities. Proficiency Level: 2
- Works with facilities-related reports and follows record-keeping requirements.
- Evaluates compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines and report discrepancies.
Knowledge of Organization; Knowledge of the organization’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations. Proficiency Level: 2
- Assesses local and non-profit sector examples of acceptable and unacceptable business practices.
- Specifies the roles and responsibilities of own business unit, with the ability to communicate those well and train others.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail; Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy. Proficiency Level: 2
- Processes limited amounts of detailed information with good accuracy.
- Accurately gauge the impact and cost of errors, omissions, and oversights.
Managing Multiple Priorities; Knowledge of effective self-management practices and ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation. Proficiency Level: 2
- Responds to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
- Completes current work according to assigned priorities.
Problem Solving; Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations. Proficiency Level: 2
- Develops alternative techniques for assessing the accuracy and relevance of information.
- Helps to analyze the risks and benefits of alternative approaches and obtain decisions on resolution.
Service Orientation / Relationship Management; Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers. Proficiency Level: 2
- Works with clients to address critical issues and resolve major problems.
- Alerts own team to problems in client satisfaction.
Cross-cultural Awareness; The capacity to acknowledge, respect, and integrate cultural differences in a way that facilitates the achievement of MSF’s objectives. Proficiency Level: 2
- Thinks before they act with curiosity and sensitivity, listening and observing, not judging.
- Listens actively, asks questions, reads, and systematically looks for information about the context and the people they work with.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in a professional administrative, service-oriented, and publicly facing function.
- Knowledge and comfort with desktop tools and emerging technology.
- Experience with managing projects, contractors, and facilities.
- Experience working across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations is an asset.
Certifications and Languages
- Health and Safety certification, First Aid certification, and/or willingness to become certified.
- English and French are required (written and oral).