Harris County Department of Education
General Office Clerk
- Responsible for the general office clerical duties for the Choice Partners (CP) division; supporting the CP team by helping with the program’s core services and emails and fax transmissions.
- Associate degree
- Ability to effectively utilize computers and software including Microsoft Office Suite and other software required by division
- Ability to organize and utilize file folder management within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) using proper English grammar
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet established deadlines, and handle multiple tasks
- Proficiency with computer systems and software applications (database, spreadsheets, word processing and some desktop publishing)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
Major Responsibilities And Duties
- Receive division emails and organize data into specific folders for easy viewing and retrieval, and populate and organize Excel spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
- Monthly vendor outreach on reporting compliance status.
- Assist Contract Coordinator with processing and reviewing contract files for accuracy and completion, act as primary vendor liaison during contract processing to communicate missing or incomplete documents.
- Process and register various required vendor reports that are necessary to help Contract Coordinator (i.e. SAM, 1295, etc.) .
- Create reports and products based on reporting needs of the programs.
- Assist Assistant Directors and Client Services Manager with assigned projects.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a neat and professional appearance that exemplifies confidence and professionalism.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Maintain excellent public relations with all parties.
- Punctuality and daily attendance must be excellent.
- Help prepare conference and seminar and training packets as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.