Jump to: Hide
An unskilled laborer is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs entry level work in connection with heavy, civil construction projects involving roads, bridges and highways.
Will assist construction and/or paving crew with various duties including, but not limited to: shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow, operating small power tools such as jackhammer and assists in the placement, moving, and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic devices, Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires little independent judgment.
- Measures distance from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Set grade using hatchet and chalk
- Observe excavating activities to verify conformance to stake references.
- Reads survey stake along highway right of way to determine grade specification for embankment.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and block up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction or asphalt equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Level earth or asphalt to grade specifications, using picks, shovels and rakes.
- Variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools, such as sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, and mounting pipe hangers.
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is an entry-level position. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. One (1) year or more of industry related experience is preferred for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges. Must have strong math skills .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.70 – $21.31 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
- Health insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.