One Farrer Hotel
Marketing Communications Manager
Reporting to the Director, of Sales & Marketing, the incumbent shall be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the hotel’s communication objectives and strategies including advertising, public relations, online activity, graphics, and collateral.
- Be responsible for overall marketing communications and public relations strategies of the hotel’s targeted markets and audiences, including planning and strategizing marketing and communications objectives.
- Develop media and relevant product partner contacts, and act as the hotel’s liaison with the media to manage publicity through the development, organization, and coordination of promotional activities, press releases, media, and partnership activities.
- Manage the online arena including social media and guest feedback forums.
- Manage internal communications effectively.
- Enhance the image and awareness of hotel branding and maintain brand standards.
- Develop communications manual, media relations, crisis communications, branding, and other relevant guidelines and standards during the hotel’s pre-opening.
- Support all departments on promotions and events at the hotel.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual marketing plan, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Support OFH’s portfolio in major events and A&P projects.
- Translate and proofread various correspondences/releases in English and Chinese.
- Develop PR strategies, story angles, and media collaterals including media releases, fact sheets, and FAQs.
- Liaise with various departments and work with vendors when required.
- Assist with the development of new opening hotels’ marketing plans, where necessary.
- Track and monitor coverage and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Manage and execute the marketing communications plans and ensure it adheres to the hotel’s objectives.
- Develop and propose appropriate channels of communication in order to achieve the marketing communication objectives.
- Develop and manage branding/tactical campaigns and promotional tools to provide support for other departments to achieve the business targets, including joint marketing efforts with other strategic partners.
- Develop and manage good local and international media networks in order to enhance the brand image and heighten brand awareness.
- Handle media inquiries, press releases and the organization of media events and press conferences within a specific time frame as and when required
- Initiate new marketing opportunities to grow the hotel’s revenue potential in terms of marketing communication.
- Oversee collation of competitive market research to ensure the hotel’s promotional offerings remain competitive and relevant.
- Handle photography schedule and ensure that the image library is consistently updated.
- Conceptualize, develop and uphold the quality of all marketing collaterals.
- Ensure that the production and quality adhere to the corporate branding identity guidelines.
- Manage the accuracy and coherence of all information/communication across all channels of the medium.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established hotel policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Maintain the highest standard of professionalism, ethics, and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, colleagues, and owners.
- Uphold the integrity and confidentiality of all information when handling key information.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow team members within and across Department/Section.
- Degree in Business Administration/Marketing/Mass Communication/Branding, or its equivalent professional certification.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of experience in the Hospitality industry or Public Relations agency, with at least 2 – 3 years of experience in the capacity of Manager, Marketing Communications.
- Proficient in MS Office, Photoshop, and Graphic applications.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and project management skills.
- Willing and able to work on weekends and public holidays, when required.
- Good media contact.
- Strong strategic capabilities combined with creative tactical skills.
- Analytical and mature, with an eye for details.
To apply for this job please visit sg.linkedin.com.