One Medical Group
Full Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals in Leeds. The Hub supports all our practices within the Leeds area: The Light Surgery, Shakespeare Medical Centre, Wetherby Surgery, and Westgate surgery. As such, the post holder will have availability to travel to and work from any of these sites, depending on needs and as agreed with the line manager.
The successful candidate will work under the indirect supervision of the registered nurse delivering high-standard care in a safe environment that meets the patient’s needs, whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
The Health Care Assistant will work as part of the MDT alongside a team of GPs, Nurse Practitioners and other HCAs; to support the smooth running of the Primary care service, aiding the clinical team and providing advice and care to patients whilst developing new skills.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous Healthcare Assistant experience.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
The job holder will have to:
- Support a safe and effective patient journey through the Primary care service
- Work under agreed protocols to obtain vital sign measurements
- Encouraging patients to consider changing their behavior by providing information and practical support on a one-to-one basis.
- Support patients with healthy lifestyle change and promote external services that can offer support
- Help patients understand the adverse impact of making poor health choices
- Support the nursing team in Health Care Assistant duties such as dressings and clinical observations
- Participate in the development and implementation of service/CCG guidelines and protocols.
- Work with nursing and medical teams in providing proactive management of patients with chronic diseases according to local strategies
- Attend training events to maintain professional development.
- Undertake, record and follow guidelines for the tasks for which you have received appropriate training
- Urinalysis and preparation of specimens for investigation by the pathology laboratory
Measure and record the following physiological measurements in routine presentations:
- blood pressure
- pulse rate and rhythm
- height and weight – body mass index
- glucose tolerance test
- peak flow readings
- inhaler technique
- Undertake spirometry under indirect supervision
- Conduct new patient and NHS health checks
- Prepare and maintain environments and equipment before, during, and after patient care interventions
- Ensure clinical rooms are appropriately stocked and ready for use at the start/end of the working day
- Assist regulated professionals while patients undergoing minor surgery
- Assist with LARC fitting as required
- Undertake dressing procedures following local recommendations and using aseptic techniques
- Plan, develop and implement health promotion activities as appropriate e.g. smoking, exercise, and diet
- Assess the patient’s readiness to change and provide motivational support as appropriate in cases of smoking, obesity and healthy living for older people
- Administer influenza, shingles, and pneumococcal vaccine under the indirect supervision of a regulated professional, ensuring PSDs are obtained and used for each patient
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- Obtain an NVQ level 1 Healthcare qualification (desirable)
- Have some experience in minor illness
- Act as a mentor for other clinical staff as required
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Work productively in a high-pressured environment
The system used: SystemOne
Why join us?
- 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank holidays), which rises with length of Service (pro rata for part-time)
- NHS pension
- An extra day of leave per year for work anniversary
- Enhanced Maternity, Maternity Support (Paternity), Adoption pay
- Special and Significant Event Leave
- Family-friendly employment policies
- Continued personal and professional development
- Participation in OMG’s refer-a-friend scheme
- Internal well-being support through OMGs Wellbeing Advisors
- Employee Assistance Program run by awarding winning Health Assured
- Eye care scheme – free eye test plus a contribution towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to NHS Discounts
About OneMedical Group
OneMedical Group was founded on the idea that there is a better way to care for communities. Our mission of ‘Improving Lives’ is underpinned by our core values of ‘Putting People First, Working Together for a Better Future. We are committed to NHS values and reducing health inequalities.
We believe in delivering services that improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities, making sure primary care, as the foundation of the NHS, can thrive. Our focus is on services that help our patients and their families adopt and sustain healthy behaviors, that improve health and quality of life, and lead to better health outcomes.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.