Student Intern, Program Management
|Post Name||Student Intern, Program Management|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 To CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.8 billion global leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform, and supply chain solutions. We bring global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from the drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services. Through our unrivaled customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in aerospace and defense, communications, enterprise, health tech, industrial, capital equipment, and smart energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges.
Celestica is a high-integrity work environment and when you join Celestica you are a part of a leading global company that enables the world’s best brands and contributes to our innovative and collaborative solutions that help our customers unlock the potential of the future.
Our global network spans 14 countries with 24,500 employees across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. At our Toronto headquarters, we are focused on attracting top talent into our organization, including interns from universities and colleges.
Celestica’s internship program provides students with valuable development through real-life work experience, exciting projects, and networking with industry professionals.
Benefits for Students Include:
- Experience working for one of the largest Canadian global technology companies
- Possibility of a student casual contract position after the completion of the internship
- Possibility of a full-time position after the completion of the degree
- Access to Celestica’s development programs and projects
- Celestica’s Time Off to Volunteer program – two paid days off to volunteer per year
- Fun intern activities including celebration events and networking
- Internal recognition programs and rewards for stellar performance
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity: Job experience at a large Canadian-based global company
- Innovation: We look to our employees to implement new ideas and improve the way we do things
- Collaboration: Students work as part of global teams, enabled by collaborative technology
- Sustainability: We uphold strong ethics, reduce our impact on the environment, and empower employees to give back to the community with two paid days off per year to volunteer
- Development opportunities: including soft skills courses, innovation projects, and mentorship
- Networking: Strategically build your professional network to advance your career and deepen relationships with your peers and colleagues.
- Fun: Our interns have the opportunity to participate in fun activities including intern social events, Celestica’s charitable initiatives, and our Spirit Week activities
About this opportunity:
The Program Management Intern will support the Newmarket site. Initially, you will work under close supervision and receive detailed instructions, routines, and procedures on work assignments. Once proficiency in the tasks is achieved, you may work autonomously and be given more complex duties. This role deals directly with an immediate supervisor, co-workers, and team members with guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and Google SmartSheets. Familiarity with Access is considered an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interface directly with Customers, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Corporate teams, and internal Management
- Well organized, good time management skills, detailed oriented, and a self-starter
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal supervision
- Financial background and previous exposure to a manufacturing environment are considered an asset
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of Customer Program Managers – attending customer and internal calls, internal meetings, and customer site visits, recording and following up on meeting action items.
- Working with internal cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance).
- Performing financial analysis or execution elements of costing, pricing, quoting, material purchases, customer service billings, accounts receivables, accounts payable, P&Ls, and forecasting.
- Manage the execution and tracking of the department’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Project management aspects of Flawless Launch of new products and customers along with milestone defining and tracking, project status reporting, using smart sheets for analysis/reporting.
- Monthly operating metrics tracking and reporting within various internal reporting tools.
- Helping to identify risks/gaps with production schedules and revenue projections.
Physical Demands and duties of this position are varied and will include:
- The duties of this position are performed in a normal office with exposure to manufacturing environments.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc).
To apply for this job please visit careers.celestica.com.