Orchid Country Club
Singapore Jobs for Indians
Full Job Description
The Housekeeping Supervisor plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth operations of the housekeeping departments. Their primary role is ensuring that Room Attendants are fully versed on their job requirements and completing their duties to the hotels set standards. The supervisor will ensure pre and post shift duties are completed and finally ensure all staff are at work timeously, reporting discrepancies to the Head of Hotel.
- Ensure allocations of cleaning rooms for the Room Attendants
- Ensure rooms are being cleaned to set standards
- Ensure rooms are being cleaned in line with timing standards for departure / arrival
- Ensure that clean rooms are updated into the system as ready for re-selling
- Ensure that the appearance of Room Attendants are maintained.
- Maintain bedroom and corridor standards
- Liaise with Front Office regarding room allocation and changes, early arrival, guest special requests and room moves.
- Report faults in rooms and corridors and follow up with maintenance
- Ensure that staff have the correct cleaning detergents and cleaning cloths and are using them as trained
- Train new and existing attendants and housemen as well as to guide and coach them
- Encourage and support team work
- Evaluate performance and productivity and maintain staff turnover
- Communicate effectively with all departments.
- Ensure Room Attendants manages trolleys and packs them neatly with all the correct guest supplies.
- All working equipment is clean and stored accordingly.
- To provide effective leadership through professional man-management and encouragement of all subordinates
- To ensure housekeeping staff are fully adherent of the Club’s rules and regulations and that they are being upheld at all times
- To ensure that training is implemented and maintained according to hotel policies
- To maintain effective working relationships with line staff and fellow superiors
- Any reasonable task as requested by the Head of Hotel
- Secondary level and above
- Good supervisory skills as well as a team player
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- Good physical stamina and mobility
- Attention to details, honest and reliable
- Able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays