Technical Project Manager
About the job
We’re looking to hire a part-time, remote Technical Project Manager to join our development team. For this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of creators and grow and learn with exceptional world-class engineers. In addition to choosing your work hours, you will be paid to learn new skills and lead and manage projects from the ground up.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Managing a team of engineers to ensure that technical projects are completed within the deadlines
- Creating and optimizing internal management processes
- Setting up sprints/epics, deadlines, and Gantt charts
- Communicating and collaborating with executives, clients, and team members to troubleshoot problems and keep projects on task
- Define project responsibilities among team members
- Schedule and lead regular team meetings to discuss project status and determine progress or address any challenges the team might have
- Documentation and follow-up of important decisions made during meetings with clients/stakeholders
- Has at least 2 years of a solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to review APIs
- Background in App Store submission and SDK Development
- Previous experience in a project development or management role
- Experience in the management of full-cycle of software projects
- Strong sense of accountability and leadership regarding decision-making and working closely with developers, designers, and clients
- Ability to foresee challenges and seek to head off obstacles proactively
- Exposure to the startup work environment and agile/scrum development process
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
The successful candidate must be:
- Passionate. You care about growing with others and bringing them together around what’s possible.
- Communicative. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience.
- Human-Centered. You get excited from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with customers to fully understand their needs. You’re defining clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming.
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy ideas or follow an email thread for weeks to find someone with an answer. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, you’re hungry to learn, and you constantly seek new challenges.
- Do-er. You’re motivated by action. You can work around roadblocks and bottlenecks, and stay focused on your goals. You’re well organized, able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Learner. You’re hungry to learn new things or new technologies. You’re humble and at the same time, not afraid to ask for help when needed.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal.
- Transformational Leader. Developing and communicating the product’s vision to internal and external stakeholders with accurate details and transparency on risks and issues. You’re contributing to team culture and leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior teammates.
- Technology Driven. Leveraging technology and understanding end-state architecture vision to drive comprehensive decisions, sharing business strategy and roadmap while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies.
- Business-Focused. Owning and prioritizing the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes. You’re making a balanced judgment in decisions about the risks while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the team.
Outliant is a fully-remote, US-based, digital product development and startup consulting company, with a team of culturally diverse creators whose exceptional skills and talents help conceive seamless digital products. Our teams exhibit work-play energy that supports individual growth, as well as encourages the freedom of creativity and “thinking outside the box.”
Why You Should Work with Us:
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible hours, work whenever you choose
- Work from home
- Financial support for online courses
- Mental health and well-being programs
- Fun and casual work environment
- Employee engagement activities and virtual gatherings
- We are a very diverse bunch!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.