Corrections Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Department of Corrections|
|Post Name||PA/Business Support Coordinator|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 70931 Per Month|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
About the Job
- Part-time opportunity, working 32 hours a week
- Permanent position
- Located at our National Office in Wellington
‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Health Services at Ara Poutama Aotearoa lead the delivery of patient-focused primary health care services to people within prisons across the country. We are responsible for the Department’s overall focus on orange, inclusive of general health, mental health, addictions, and disability.
An exciting opportunity has opened up in our team and we are now recruiting for a Personal Assistant/Business Support Coordinator to provide quality secretarial and administrative support to our Chief Nurse/National Ops Director.
Responsibilities | About the role
Core accountabilities in this role will include efficient diary and calendar management for the Chief Nurse/National Ops Director. It will also include general administrative duties, such as coordinating meetings, taking minutes, and preparing and filing documents.
Responding to telephone calls and emails, booking travel, and managing databases and other systems for the team. This opportunity is integral to ensuring the smooth running of the team and has a proactive role to play in providing administrative support to the wider Health Services leadership team.
This role is based at our National Office, which is located on the Terrace in Wellington’s CBD. This is a part-time role, and the successful applicant will be required to work 32 hours a week at the office. These hours will be flexible and can be negotiated with the successful candidate.
A story about | About you
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following in you:
- A culturally competent team player who can show commitment to supporting the delivery of kaupapa Māori and whānau-centered services.
- Advanced and demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel – with the ability to learn other applications integral to your role;
- Excellent knowledge of administrative processes, systems, and technology;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a large amount of confidence, with the proven ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with stakeholders and across a range of organizational levels;
- The ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and use initiative to obtain the required result;