- Full Time
- London, UK
Tate & Lyle Sugars
Packaging Team Manager
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
To safely manage the operational team, technical performance and optimisation of a specific area of the Packaging Department in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Indirectly responsible for up to 35 Operator Maintainers and directly responsible for 4 Supervisors and an area Packing engineer to ensure safety, quality and production targets are met.
- Manage technical aspects of SHHEQ consistent with Tate & Lyle Sugars (T&LS) procedures and targets for continuous improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure regular and consistent communication to area teams and individuals on group and plant performance trends and key corporate messages.
- Optimise area of responsibility to ensure efficient, cost effective plant operation and measure compliance via KPI’s to be agreed with Packing Operations Manager.
- Manage production schedule taking consideration of resource availability, peaks in demand, commissioning schedules, training activities, continuous improvement projects & maintenance plans.
- Ensure area hygiene and GMP audit performance is maintained or improved as agreed with Packing Operations Manager via the area cleaning team, engineering team, OM’s and Packaging Supervisors.
- Identify and implement plant improvements via Capital investment opportunities as agreed with with Packing Operations Manager.
- Establish high level of internal and external customer focus for area of responsibility via established working relationships with colleagues, planning, projects, Sales & Marketing etc.
- Develop and display department measures to manage all aspects of operations and improving performance in quality, sugar loss, energy performance etc.
- Assist with budget development and operate within agreed budgets.
- Provide Graduates and Process Engineers with mentorship and line management.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisors on Tactical Improvement Plans (TIP’s) and agree planned release of plant to achieve improving levels of reliability.
- Safe Operations: target zero accidents, zero food safety issues, compliance with legislation and improving plant safety.
- Quality products: target minimal complaints and improved product consistency.
- GMP Audit Performance and minimize outstanding non-conformances etc.
- Environmental: no breaches of consent or complaints.
- Productivity: to meet or better manufacturing goals (OEE, attainment and other area specific KPI’s).
- Cost effectiveness: to meet or better budget (spend versus plan), sugar loss (overweights/scrap), compressed air use, packaging material waste minimized etc..
- People: appraisals, development plans, training plans for direct and indirect teams.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Ability to manage Safety, Hygiene, Environment and Quality.
- Good understanding of packaging equipment for industrial and retail sales and ancillary equipment.
- People skills with emphasis on good communication and man-management skills. Able to persuade & influence, hold team briefings, make effective cases for resource allocation (including Capital Expenditure).
- Appreciation of business interfaces such as Sales, Marketing & Finance.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Good planning & prioritising skills.
- IT aptitude & data processing skills.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Proven leadership skills – able to motivate, provide vision and to be able to set clear expectations of acceptable standards.
- Ability to quickly gain technical understanding to ensure safe and efficient working practices.
- Ability to work across departments to gain appropriate level of understanding of key interfaces such as the Refining Process
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment essential or implementing a continuous improvement system.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Preferably technical graduate (engineering discipline).
At Tate & Lyle Sugars, our goal is to be the most admired sweetener Company.
Service Excellence- Be the industry’s Gold Standard by a relentless focus on reliability, providing products with superior quality and excellent customer services. Efficiency and Sustainability- Eliminate inefficiency to be a sustainable, low cost producer and to generate fuel for reinvestment. Value-Add: create strategic advantage and enhanced profitability through value-added products and services. The foundation of our values is Talent and Culture as we aim to build, retain and motivate a winning team.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.