Full Job Description
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Civil Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to perform conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensure the Contractor’s compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Inspect all workmanship and material.
- Coordinate the supply of vertical and horizontal controls for the Contractor.
- Make layout checks on lines and grades.
- Coordination with other Contractors.
- Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
- Review and approve the Contractor’s shop drawings.
- Locate, execute and interpret all soils and materials testing according to the provisions in the Contract Documents and Standard Specifications.
- To ensure that the Contractor is not relieved of his responsibilities without Clients authorization.
- Check personnel, equipment and material costs for all Variation Orders and Change Orders required under the terms of the Contract.
- Preparation of the Monthly Report.
- Site Safety Monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meetings, reviews, safety violations, rectification measures, and accident reports are included in the Monthly Progress Report.
- Inspect safety conditions and inform the Contractor of construction safety violations and follow up action to be taken.
- Attend all meetings, and prepare written minutes for distribution.
- Review correspondence and prepare responses for signature.
- Review, update, monitor and report on the Contractor’s work schedules, CPM-chart and Cash Flow Status.
- Monitor and report on progress of scheduled utility relocation work.
- Provide all photographs before, during, and after construction necessary to provide adequate documentation of changes in site and adjacent structures.
- Review and approve the Contractor’s plans for protection of existing buildings and structures.
- Review all construction activities regarding compliance with local traffic ordinances and public convenience.
- Receive and review complaints and claims of damage and expedite the Contractor’s investigation into these complaints and damage claims.
- Approve all restoration or final clean-up work.
- Coordination with other Contractors, Departments and Agencies.
- Provide a “punch list” and final inspection.
- Check and approve “as-built” drawings submitted by the Contractor and maintain a status log.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Proven ability to perform key technical role.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.