Full Job Description
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Safety Officer to join our team! In this role you will get to performs difficult and sometimes complex safety inspection tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following:
- Demolition of transportation facilities (roads, streets, bridges etc.)
- Construction of roads, bridges, and other associated improvements (curb and gutter, street, sidewalk, landscaping)
- Drainage work, traffic control, compliance with SWPPP requirements
- Installation of electrical equipment related to traffic signals, ramp metering and street lighting
- Irrigation and planting, roadway and overhead sign removal and installation.
- Installation on temporary and permanent signs and delineation
- Installation of mechanical equipment
- Building and facility construction and associated site development
- Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them
- Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
- Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by the contract.
- Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
- Performs labor compliance interviews and maintains as-built plans.
- Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution.
- Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level inspectors.
- Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
- Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
- Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures.
- Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
- Responds to the call backs in case of emergency at the project site.
- May administer welder qualification tests.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma in environmental/loss prevention or any relevant engineering disciplines from an accredited university.
- Minimum three years relevant experience as a Safety Office/Inspector on infrastructure projects.
- With recognized Health and Safety education, certifications, license or trainings in UAE (e.g. NEBOSH, OSHA, First Aid, Fire Safety etc).
- Preferably with relevant experience working in an engineering consulting firm.
- Preferably with experience the in UAE.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.