Mechanical Engineer (Construction Supervision)
Full Job Description
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
In this role you will manage and review the mechanical engineering deliverables and supervise the construction works, such as Sewerage Pump Station, Irrigation pump station, water features pump satiations, Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) equipment and systems, for code compliance and/or physical or program deficiencies that would require capital expenditures. Additionally, you may interact and coordinate projects with design, construction, planning, real estate, and other related discipline lead. You may be asked to review mechanical engineering documents, codes, project cost estimates, as well as statements of work.
- Performs well-defined field engineering assignments primarily involving constructability reviews and the observation of work in progress.
- Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Assists construction personnel with general technical details.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline; coordinates application of solutions.
- Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure the current revision level and the correct technical execution of the work.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
- Monitors discipline construction schedules and assists in progress appraisal. Provides schedule and progress appraisal data to the Area Engineer or Construction Manager.
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Maintains a daily log for a permanent record of project construction, as well as discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
- May assist field superintendents and construction management in portions of larger, more complex activities as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Required Experience: 10+ years
- Proficient experience in mechanical engineering on utility projects involving the design and construction of mechanical systems (water/ wastewater pump station, wastewater treatment plants, piping systems for water distribution, wastewater collection, drainage, gas, district cooling, etc..) with knowledge of codes, design manuals, and construction practices.
- Experience in the factory acceptance and other testing and commissioning activities of these systems.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Proven ability to perform the key technical role.
- Experience in testing and commissioning these systems.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of current technology and its effective use in the project
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.