Dietary Worker-General Help
The Dietary Worker provides patient support by providing food and nutrition services to patients at Erie Shores Healthcare in Leamington, ON. As part of the team, candidates are part of an organized service department providing essential meal services and snacks to patients as well as provide meal services in the retail space serving visitors and staff. Starting rate of pay is $22.90 per hour and we are currently hiring for on-call casual position with the opportunity to move to part time or full time in the future. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
The dietary workers responsibilities will include but are not limited to the duties and responsibilities outlined below. While specific assignments may vary daily, weekly, or monthly, the following outlines the general expectations:
- takes and records all temperatures of food and refridgeration as required
- performance of patient meal portioning and plating
- delivery and pick up of patient meal trays in accordance with the established policies and procedures
- ensure accuracy of food items being delivered to the patient and informs patient of meal selection and any therapeutic diet information
- demonstrates initiative to meet patient needs consistent with the patient focused care approach
- functions comfortably in a face paced, institutional kitchen, preparing beverages, desserts, cleaning dishes, washing pots and pans, preparing snack times, clean up and set up of kitchen
- maintains a friendly efficient, positive customer service demeanor towards patients, our client and our co-workers
- must be adaptable to change
- must be adaptable to client needs
- must be adaptabe to patient needs
- preparation of foods for retail space
- working in the retail space serving customers
- food preparation as assigned and required, such as washing produce
- receiving and putting away all stock using FIFO ensuring all product is labelled and dated
- repenishing ward stock
- maintaining a neat and clean work environment
- follows all HACCAP training
- attentive care and consideration of patients, visitors, staff and client requests
- catering functions throughout the hospital
- displays a polite, spirit of service attitude towards customers and coworkers. Maintain a friendly, efficient and responsive attitude towards client and patients while perfoming duties
- maintains a safe work environment while working
- maintains the privacy, safety and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by closely adhering to safety and sanitation standards.
- maintains compliance with ARAMARK’s standards of operation. Adheres to ARMARKK’s Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance with all local, state, and fderal regulations and codes.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties or responsibilities. Job responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- Minimum age of 18 preferred
- Must obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance
- Must obtain a negative 2 step TB test
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Must have or obtain Food Handlers Certificate (preference given to those who have already)
- Understanding of and the ability of basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, staff and co-workers
- Must have the manual dexterity required for handling equipment and supplies
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Experience in a kitchen enviroment is considered an asset
- Must be available for ON CALL shifts
- Must be availalbe for afternoons and weekends
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.