|Hiring Organization||Ajman University|
|Post Name||Volleyball Coach|
|Qualification||Degree in physical education, exercise science, or a similar major.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AED 2200 To AED 2500 Per Month|
|Location||Ajman, United Arab Emirates|
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
A Volleyball Coach instructs players at practice and during games. She is also responsible for designing plays and strategies for the team.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence the team.
- Knowledge of sport type.
- Knows and understands the Volleyball league rule book and any changes that are made.
- Studies the skills and abilities of the players on the team and puts each player in the most suitable position.
- Recognizes and uses each player’s specific talents to devise plays and playing strategies for games.
- Studies the abilities of the players on opposing teams as well as their coach’s strategies.
- Knows how many timeouts are left in each game and makes the best use of them.
- Keeps up with the score throughout the game.
- Devises drills and practice exercises that will adequately prepare players for each game.
- Watches films of past games to identify playing and coaching mistakes and avoid them in the future.
- Teaches players the rules of the game and how to avoid making fouls that result in penalties.
- Works with individual players to hone their particular skills and eliminate bad habits.
- Completes any paperwork required for the job, especially in a public University setting.
- Help build the skill level of the team.
- Looks for new players and recruits them for the team.
- Participates in friendly games & competitions that will enhance the team.
- Competence to improve players’ performance.
- Sets training plan for developing players.
- Observe security and safety factors.
- Participating in sports tournaments.
- Put the plan to get a high ranking in championships.
- Promoting sportsmanship, enhancing team spirit, and best representing AU.
- Time management and good planning.
- Co-organizing sports competitions and events.
- Good selection of sports and training equipment and communication correct data.
- Maintaining sports equipment and facilities.
- Escort the team to the venue of the tournament, friendly games, and competitions. And make sure they are safe.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in physical education, exercise science, or a similar major.
- Have experience playing on a Volleyball team.
- Have past experience as a Volleyball coach or as an assistant Volleyball coach.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to react calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Skill in the application as a coach.
- The ability to stand, walk back and forth on the Volleyball court and even run up and down the court is required
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Understand the fundamentals of the game of Volleyball.
- The coach should be in good physical condition.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Have the ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Be able to effectively handle stress and keep your temper in check.
- Have the ability to notice small details.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must have basic proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Commitment to AU instructions and regulations in general.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
To apply for this job please visit aujobs.ajman.ac.ae.