City of Brampton
Job Title: Skate Instructor
Department: Community Services
Job Status & Duration: Part-time, seasonal, and temporary
Number of Positions: 23
Hours of Work: Variable hours; 24 hours a week
Hourly Rate: $16.75
Area of Responsibility:
The Skate Instructor’s primary responsibility is to plan, organize, and implement a high-quality skating program that is safe and enjoyable for participants. They are responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of program participants. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervising participants and maintaining vigilance to minimize risk and respond to emergencies.
- Ensuring participants have proper personal protective equipment (e.g., helmet) when required.
- Providing excellent customer service, including greeting and engaging with participants.
- Communicating with participants about lesson opportunities and safety.
- Addressing and resolving complaints and on-ice issues.
- Completing administrative duties, including attendance and incident/accident reports.
- Maintaining the facility, grounds, equipment, and amenities.
- Operating and caring for tools and equipment.
- Planning and delivering skating lessons for all levels.
- Staying current with industry trends and class formats.
- Mentoring volunteers and assistants.
- Enforcing corporate policies and procedures, confidentiality guidelines, emergency procedures, and health and safety standards.
- Attending meetings and training sessions.
- Performing other assigned duties.
- Minimum 15 years of age.
- Successful completion of the Brampton Learn to Skate Instructors Course within 1 month of the date of hire.
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C certification from an accredited organization or ability to obtain it within 1 month of the date of hire.
- Ability to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.).
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development or Sport Certification is considered an asset.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Preference is given to students with permanent residency in Brampton.
The recruitment process will be completed via video conference technology. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.