Williams Machinery has been selling, renting, and fixing equipment for over 100 years. We also train people in all corners of British Columbia on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, Williams Machinery services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, a certified Great Place to Work and one of BC’s Top Employers.
The General Laborer (Summer Student) works at the local branch on a part-time basis to assist the Yard, Shipping, and the Parts Departments with day-to-day activities, including maintaining the yard, picking parts, and delivering exceptional customer service.
Receives direction from various departments within the branch and assists as needed, including but not limited to:
- Maintain the yard, equipment storage areas, and parking lot by keeping the areas clean from debris.
- Cut grass.
- Power wash equipment.
- Take photos of rental equipment (pre- and post-rental).
- Assist with cycle counts.
- Run errands for the team or to assist customers.
- Assist with paperwork.
- Computer data entry, as directed.
- Use a forklift, as required (an asset).
- Supports the locations staff with other functions as required (i.e. vacation support).
- Maintain a safe attitude and comply with Health and Safety practices and procedures including wearing PPE such as steel toed work boots or shoes, high visibility vest or other, as directed.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work outdoors and/or indoors, standing for prolonged periods of times, and/or use stairs and ladders.
- Ability to carry boxes and/or lift up to 50lbs, if required.
- Self-driven, motivated, and able to take directions from others.
- Ability to elevate the customer service’s experience (internally and externally).
- Ability to follow all safety protocols and procedures.
- Superb organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to drive a vehicle (as asset).
- Ability to drive forklifts (as asset).
- Must be enrolled in a full-time study plan.
- Some experience in an industrial or construction site environment using or working around heavy duty equipment (nice to have);
- Forklift certifications (as asset).
- Valid Drivers Licence.
- $16.75 per hour
- This is a Unionized position, and the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package with the benefits of having membership in the International Union of Operating Engineers
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers so they become “Raving Fans”.
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
The General Labourer (Summer Student, Part-Time) is based out of the Terrace office and works 20 hours on average per week Monday to Friday. As a union role, the Summer Student, will not accumulate seniority, and will not be entitled to any benefits.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Williams Machinery.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.