- Part Time
- Doha, Qatar
Carnegie Mellon University
Part Time Adjunct Instructor
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar invites applications for part-time Adjunct Instructor position.
1. Teach one section of the 9-unit Reading and Writing for an Academic Audience course in the fall.
2. Design and prepare course materials to deliver the learning outcomes for the course.
3. Provide students with and follow the syllabus designed by the English faculty at CMUQ.
4. Use Canvas to post syllabus, assignments and other course files as well as to communicate with students for course related correspondence.
5. Provide timely feedback to students on their assignments.
6. Grade students’ homework and writing assignments,
7. Meet with students to discuss their drafts.
8. Meet with the area leadership to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress.
9. Assign a grade that reflects student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes.
10. Offer student consultation through office hours or scheduled appointments and email.
11. Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments and grades, submit class rosters and grade sheets by the deadlines established by the College.
12. Participate in department meetings.
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon
” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.