Amharic Translator (CAN)
Location: Remote in Canada
Status: Part time
Pay: USD $32 per hour
Benefits: Flexible schedule, paid training, work from home
Please note that the pay rate is in US dollars and payment will be made in US dollars. The amount in local currency will vary according to exchange rates.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Productive Playhouse INC is a leader in language acquisition. We are a data-driven company led by creative individuals. Our dedicated employees celebrate a diverse culture of equity, integrity, and compassion. Productive Playhouse is a special place to work, one we are excited to share with you. Encouraging a balanced work and home life, we sincerely value employee well-being. Our forward-thinking and careful observation of cultural experience has driven our teams and defined the Productive Playhouse mission.
Productive Playhouse is seeking translators for a large-scale project with short turnaround times. This project consists of translating videos from Amharic to English with 6 or 24-hour turnaround times. Start times may vary, including overnight. Videos contain sensitive content and employees may opt out from translating/watching at any time.
Project volumes will vary, and we are not able to guarantee a minimum amount of work. As part of this team, you would indicate your availability for certain times, during which you may receive a request for work. We expect to have a number of different assignments over the coming months, and we hope you’ll consider becoming part of our special projects team!
- Translating videos from the specified language into English
- Ability to take feedback and make revisions
- Provide timely communication with your manager regarding project work
- Consistent and reliable availability
- Professional experience in interpretation and/or written translation with short turnaround times
- Able to follow a set of given format guidelines to produce the end document
- Web search skills
- Proficient on MAC or PC, Microsoft Applications and G Suite
- Near-native command of English with strong grammar/orthography and punctuation skills
- Ability to start and onboard efficiently
- Responsive to emails
- At least one year of professional translation or interpretation experience
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.