The pastry chef contributes to Starbucks success by performing a variety of baking duties and assists with the preparation in a variety of pastries.
- Prepare designated pastry items according to established recipes
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities
- Receive ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Form pastries into uniform portions with knife or divider, mixes cake batter, sheets pastry dough using appropriate equipment and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven; inspects product for quality during and after baking and adjusts processes as required
- Portion according to specifications all dessert items
- Prepare all confectionery work per recipes
- Clean and maintain work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Attend to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions
- Complete production sheets and other records as required
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provide training and coaching for staff as needed
- Baking and Pastry – 2 years
- Current local health and safety certifications
- Baking and Pastry Degree Preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.