Patanjali Herbal Research Division
Patanjali Herbal Research Division works on documentation, analysis, designing, and project executions of different themes in alignment with the aims and scope of Patanjali Institutions. Around 150 well-trained scientists from different areas of expertise like Botany, Taxonomy, Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc., work together on several academic research projects related to plant-based medicine, yoga, and any such related field towards conducting extensive research for scientific and empirical evidence in support of therapeutic effects of selected areas. Several research and review articles are published in journals of national and international repute, having global visibility for Yoga & Ayurveda with supportive and authenticated data. This department aims to develop systematized and validated research work that shall be highly useful for scientists, researchers, and industry experts engaged in the work related to research, development, and promotion of Yoga & Ayurveda.
Database Manager Job Profile:
The Database manager develops and maintains the organization’s databases along with overseeing different initiatives or tasks of the department and monitors their progress and completion to ensure that they meet expectations. They create data storage and retrieval systems, troubleshoot database issues, and implement database recovery procedures and safety protocols. They also supervise the daily activities of database teams. Responsibilities include submitting task deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective task execution plans as well as optimal database performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
- Developing database structures and features according to organizational needs.
- Coordinating, supervising, and mentoring among all sub-teams.
- Coordinating the development of research work, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable the successful implementation of tasks
- Protecting data by developing data security and restoration policies, procedures, and controls.
- Conducting diagnostic tests and evaluating performance metrics.
- Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Preparing and presenting system performance reports to the department head.
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading hardware and software.
- Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
- Keeping up to date with developments and trends in database management.
- Master’s degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, information systems, or information technology. OR MBA in Data analytics, having a minimum of five years experience in the relevant field.
- Ability to keep up to date with developments in ongoing department activities and relevant Information Technology issues
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Generally aware of the best practices and business/industry trends in database management.
- Provide expertise and active contribution during higher management team meetings, events, or external visits as and when required.
Patanjali Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, and physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.