Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel India is a global operation that supports execution of projects and services around the world. Working seamlessly with business line home offices, project sites, customer organizations and suppliers, our teams have delivered more than 125 projects since our inception in 1994.
Our offices in Gurgaon, Vadodara and Chennai will grow significantly and sustainably with exciting career opportunities for both professionals and young graduates who are passionate about creating a cleaner, greener, and safer world; building transformational infrastructure; making decarbonization a reality; and protecting people and the environment.
General Job Description
Responsible for the daily activities associated with timely and accurate production of expatriate employee payroll using the enterprise SAP/other payroll tools and system.
Candidate will be responsible for entering/maintaining employee payroll data such as banking instructions, tax withholding set up, various allowances, garnishments and processing time records, pension and insurance plan information in SAP. Validate and upload files for reimbursements or deductions from third party vendors. Audit payroll results by verifying manually entered transactions to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing and employee payments. Create electronic disbursement bank files and other net pay remittance files as necessary. Balance outbound files and generate payroll reports to downstream systems or departments as necessary. Create and upload the payroll recording of gross to net journal entries to Oracle general ledger and match up with Cost and Distribution report. Managing shared email box and resolving employee / stakeholder queries and preparing various ad-hoc reports and matrix reports of the process.
Candidate must apply sound financial analysis concepts beyond the simple adherence to detailed procedures and instructions, recommending solutions to unusual problems. Assist with functional testing and provides feedback and support for system design changes and enhancements. Assignments call for strong judgment and resourcefulness to resolve problems where solutions are not obvious. The position requires good communication and inter-personal skills
- Must have legal right to work in New Delhi, India without sponsorship
- Ability to read, write, and speak English at an intermediate proficiency level
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Commerce
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of applicable payroll work experience
- SAP Payroll system experience
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Intermediate proficiency in Payroll accounting / General ledger systems, processes, and controls
- Conversant with payroll tax and social security rules and regulations of at-least one country
- Experience with a large multi-national corporation and multi-country foreign payroll processing
- Ability to work on MS-Excel for various ad-hoc analysis activities
- CPA and/or payroll specialist or other similar certifications.
- Able to efficiently organize work activities to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-starter able to use sound business judgment in carrying out assigned tasks
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.