Patient Care Assistant II
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. Operating 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
- Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Provide a variety of routine tasks and direct patient care to support our patients and our clinical teams.
- Answer call lights and unit phone to assist with questions and concerns from patients and family members.
- Communicate, monitor and document pertinent patient information
- Assist with admission, transfers, transporting, lifting, and discharge of patients
- Make rounds and respond promptly to patients, families, and clinical team requests.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Assist in organization, cleaning, and safety of the unit and patient rooms
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year direct patient care experience or proven on the job competency.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Good written/oral communication skills
For Internal employees ONLY PCA I Candidates: Completion of PCA II orientation/training prior to promotion
- Experience working in an acute care facility
$14.82 – $20.38 /hour
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.