Jump to: Hide
The future you want is within reach.
As a Construction Supervisor for the Vancouver Area, you will contribute to our team by:
- Being responsible for supervising our sites in a safe and efficient manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, or damage to property or utilities by:
- Working with the project team to lead part of a project and/or an area of a project.
- Managing schedule and quality insurances.
- Delivering project as per specifications and budget.
- Supervising and coordinating site construction activities with sub-trades and PCL’s own skilled craft workers.
- Working with the teams to ensure safe work procedures are understood and followed
- Implementing PCL’s safety programs
- Being able to intervene and understand the methods used to ensure a safe, productive and quality project.
- Working with the PCL team and the engineers, designers and inspectors to help meet the clients project requirements
- Depending on the project size and requirements, your trade skills may be utilized.
- Representing PCL to the public in a manner that is consistent with corporate values and goals.
- Leading by example.
What you will bring to the role:
- 2 or more years of construction experience in field supervision in Institutional, Commercial, Industrial or Civil construction
- The role may be identified as a Supervisor or Shift Supervisor, depending on skills and experiences.
- Hold a valid Journeyperson trade certificate or a Technical Diploma or equivalent experience in the industry.
- Understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures and lead accordingly.
- General construction competencies including interior fit out, renovations, demolition and new structures are an asset to this role.
Benefits and Training with PCL
- A matching retirement savings plan
- Extended health plan (Prescription drugs, dental and other coverages)
- Various Safety training provided by CLAC union training center and by PCL
This position is based on a standard 40-hour work week. Suitable candidates must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends and out of town as a project occasionally requires.
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.