Full Job Description
The campaigns team at PETA is at the core of the organisation – a busy group of advocates pushing for an end to animal suffering with eye-catching, bold campaigns calling on the government, the corporate world, and the public to take action for animals. Our priorities include campaigning against the use of animals for experimentation, fashion, entertainment, and food.
As our campaigns intern, you will have the opportunity to assist with these efforts on the ground as well as in the planning phases and will assist with our fur amnesty and vegan starter kit programmes. If you share PETA’s values and want to gain experience in a fast-paced campaigning environment, we can’t wait to hear from you. We are looking for someone who can ideally commit two or three days a week (days to be agreed on in advance) for a period of six months.
To support and assist the campaigns team with actions and programmes that raise public awareness of PETA’s campaigns and help further its mission
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the campaigner with organising and holding demonstrations and other campaign projects
- Assist with day-to-day tasks within the campaigns team
- Coordinate and oversee our Fur Amnesty and vegan starter kit programmes
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as assisting with our campaigns inventory, sending materials to activists and other PETA entities, and archiving photos and media after demonstrations
- Travel when necessary to assist the campaigner with demonstrations, tabling, and other events
- Perform any other duties assigned by the campaigner
- Knowledge of animal rights issues
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and dependable
- Adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation
As an organisation dedicated to ridding the world of prejudice towards any living being, PETA has a strong history of actively supporting many other social justice movements, including the women’s rights movement, the fight against racial discrimination, and the LGBTQI+ rights and pride movements.
PETA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.